deaf 的美式发音是 [def]，英式发音是[def]。
Stone Deaf 完全聋的，全聋的，完全聋了，全聋;
go deaf 变聋，变成聋子，挨饿，变疯;
deaf people 聋哑人;
deaf dumbness 聋哑症;
Tone deaf 五音不全，不善辨别音高的， 音盲;
Deaf Cat 耳聋的猫;
deaf schools 聋校;
deaf to 不愿听，不愿意听，不听;
1. The deaf man could not hear what you said.
2. I can hardly believe that he is deaf ; he can understand us so well.
3.I didn't expect him to turn a deaf ear to his comrades 'criticism.
3. I hope that our appeals will not fall on deaf ears.
4. The partly deaf man inclined forward to hear the conversation more clearly.
5. Many deaf people have feelings of isolation and loneliness.
6. The man proved to be deaf as well as dim-witted, for his mumbled answers were quite irrelevant.
7. He closed his ears to anything said by his teachers.; He turned a deaf ear to his teachers 'words.
8. Chickens, like all birds, hae the ability to spontaneously regenerate these hair cells, which explains why there are no deaf birds.